Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Dose of Perspective

Sometimes life is hard and sometimes life is easy-breezy. Sometimes life is neat and sometimes life is oh so messy.

I've been messy lately...and whiny...and lazy. I've been wrapped up in the comings and goings of not-so- important things and seem to have lost my focus and with it, my perspective.

I've been bouncing up and down between the same three pounds for a month because I've lost my focus. I haven't blogged in nearly a month because I've lost my focus. Quality time with my husband and family? I'm absorbed in my own nonsense and there went my focus. Finding the sunshine in a cloudy day? There's that focus again. Little things started to seem big and big things started to seem unbearable. Excuses started to get in the way. Life started to get "messy" and "overwhelming" and then things on my to-do list were getting shelved.

Well this weekend I was given a healthy dose of perspective. I heard very sad news about a very young person who lost their life to cancer. Gone like that. Nothing I have going on is that overwhelming, not even close.

Complaining seems to be an epidemic these days, and here's the truth - we all have a lot to look forward to and a lot to get done. So I'm going to do myself a favor, pull myself up by the my bootstraps and dig my focus out of that pile of negativity. Time to get back to business...starting with a trip on elliptical and a snuggle with my adorable fluffy pup and my favorite blue-eyed boy.


*MUAH*

No comments:

Post a Comment